New for 2017! My Lighthouse Tourism Books for Northern and Southern New England!
For many years I’ve been researching and photographing all the 168 lighthouses in New England, and I’ve always enjoyed the local attractions near each lighthouse, or in a particular region. New for 2017, I’ve finally published two new lighthouse tourism books for northern and southern New England with more information than I could ever put on my website. These two 300-page books give you the special human interest stories you want from each lighthouse, attractions you can visit nearby, along with plenty of contact information to plan your special trips and tours, or to get involved with local lighthouse preservation efforts.
You can order either of these books through this website, and I’ll be happy to personally sign them and ship them to you, and I’ll include a 5×7 photo of one of the lighthouses from the book you order. You can also order from Schiffer Books Publishing, and you’ll find them in many fine online and traditional bookstores.
- Each of these new lighthouse tourism books contain more than 360 of my color photos and illustrative maps, along with some vintage images provided courtesy of the Coast Guard, with over 300 pages.
- For tourists, historians, and lighthouse enthusiasts, you’ll find driving and hiking directions, and historical human interest stories of special events and rescues around each lighthouse.
- Lighthouses are set up in regions for weekend or weekly vacationers and travelers, like the Cape Cod region in Massachusetts, or Maine’s Acadia region.
- You’ll also find information on various lighthouse and boat tours, whale watching, windjamming, and sailing tours, along with plenty of descriptions of attractions and other sites of interest, including some attractions off the beaten path, within the coastal communities these beacons have long protected.
- There are also plenty of stories of haunted lighthouses and local folklore around these beacons, information on lighthouse history, lighthouses you can stay overnight, and organizations involved in lighthouse preservation.
This book, Lighthouses and Coastal Attractions of Northern New England: New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont, provides human interest stories from each of the 76 lighthouses, along with plenty of coastal attractions and tours near each beacon.
If you want to take a look inside for either of these books check out my Lighthouse Books special page on this website. You can always email me at email@example.com with any questions.
Enjoy your passion!